Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Superbowl and Mom Missing!

My dad had his Superbowl party again this year. He planned for weeks and invited about 15 people. Then a friend of mine and his wife threw another Superbowl party. So I went Superbowl hopping and Jason agreed to go with me on this grand adventure. The first party was my friend and his wife where the food was amazingly good! I didn't really want to leave. He had pulled pork and so much more that we missed because we then went to my father's party. Everyone was there: Rachel, Jordan, Madison, Paul, Royal, Trevor, Steven, Kristi, Lisa, Lori, Robert, Rachel & Chris (Kristi and Steven's friends),Andrew, Stephanie, Mom, Dad, Jason, and me! (Sorry if I missed anyone). :) My mom got a bunch of goodies and Steven grilled his famous chicken and there were drinks and goodness! :) After we ate some of us didn't want to watch the superbowl: Steven, Mom, Me, Jason, Andrew, and Stephanie learned how to play a really fun game that Steven taught us. It was a really fun game and we ended up playing  from 5-10 pm with only a short break to make Brownies! :) The Brownies were delicious thanks to Jason and I because we are brownie experts. If you ever need Brownies let me know.
Now to the sadness. The next day we said goodbye to my mom. She got on a jet plane and left us for a whole week! WHAT THE HECK?! :) She went to Oregon to visit Debbie! I was super sad I couldn't go with her. I also miss her cooking. Last night my dad had eggs and hashbrowns while I had a sandwich.  It also has been really quiet in the house. I was so occupied last night with FHE, homework, and sleep that it wasn't very loud. I am really grateful for my mom and that she is such a major part of my life that when she is gone I miss her. I miss talking to her and just having another girl in the house. There is a lot of Testosterone.
School is school. There isn't much to say about it. I have a couple night classes which is hard but I am getting through it and love all my professors. i am presenting at 2 conferences now which is amazing for a student to be able to do that. Both are statewide conferences for health professionals. One is up in Logan and the other is up in Salt Lake. I am really nervous but so excited I get this opportunity. I signed up for the CHES exam and now have to mail my transcripts to them. I can't believe that I am graduating in April. It is crazy insane! I love my ward. I have enjoyed being in Activities and planning those activities for my ward. I love my friends. They have helped me so much in life lately. They check up on me and we pretty much do something every weekend which is fun for me to stay busy. I love my institute classes and love going. It has been hard because on Thursday's I have been dealing with insurance companies. This week is a very slow one for me which will be nice instead of the craziness of last week. Thanks for Reading! Love you all! :)

No comments: